What Value Does a Senior Living Advisor Bring Families?
Brian SheridanFeb 10th, 2022
Placing an elderly loved one in a Senior Living Community is a process that can be fraught with worry, stress, and confusion for families. Trying to find the most appropriate community that meets the needs of your older relative takes exhaustive research, endless phone calls, and time-consuming community tours.
The more options you have, the more confused families tend to be, especially if they're going through the process for the first time or on their own. Many people begin asking themselves some tough but revealing questions, including:
- Will I know what to look for in a senior living community?
- Will I remember to ask all the right questions?
- Do I know what to watch for in senior living contracts?
- Is there anything I should be aware of that will impact my loved one's happiness or standard of living?
The good news is that families don't have to go through the process alone. A Senior Living Advisor helps make the process easier and stress-free by doing all the research for you and presenting you with a list of the best-fit options based on your loved one's particular needs.
What is a Senior Living Advisor?
Senior Living Advisors specialize in helping people make senior living arrangements for themselves or an older relative. They understand how complex the process can be, making every effort to help make the transition to senior care or assisted living communities as seamlessly as possible.
Their knowledge and experience save you time and worry by doing all the work on your behalf, and providing you with a list of recommended facilities where your loved one will be happy, safe, and comfortable. These professionals are with you at every step of the process, providing you with trusted guidance and seasoned advice that allow you to make the most informed decision possible.
Here are just some of the ways that Senior Living Advisors bring extra value to your family:
- Your needs come first…always: Senior Living Advisors aren't solely interested in making a sale. Their primary interest is matching older people with Senior Living Communities that best suit their needs, interests, and lifestyle. Whether your elderly loved one is looking for a community with lots of activities and socialization, or if they need 24-hour medical care, Senior Living Advisors will work hard on your behalf to find you the best matches.
- There is no cost to you for their services: Senior Living Advisors get a commission from the senior living community you or your loved one move into. You risk nothing financially from their services, and there's no pressure to choose one community over another. They work solely for you with complete objectivity and a sole focus on your requirements.
- They respect your budget: There's no pressure to spend above your budget. How much you can afford or how you pay for senior living (for example, privately funded, Medicaid, or long-term care insurance) helps the Senior Living Advisor determine the best-fit options for your family. No matter the size of your budget, advisors work closely with families to find the best solution for their older relatives.
- They work at your pace: Some older people might not be planning to move for several months, while others might be about to be discharged from a medical facility and require Assisted Living services immediately. In both cases, your Senior Living Advisor can react accordingly and provide options that suit your immediate or long-term needs based on their knowledge and experience.
- They offer transparency: Brochures and websites of Senior Living Communities often only show the "good" side of things. With their experience working with their network of local senior communities, Senior Living Advisors make things more transparent. For example, they will advise you if a particular community has had violations reported to their state board or other ongoing issues that will impact your loved one's quality of life.
- They know your community: Many families want their elderly relatives living close to them for quick family visits and celebrations. Senior Living Advisors are familiar with all of the quality Senior Living Communities in your region. However, if the person wants to relocate to a new area, the senior advisor can help provide you with the best options in that town or city.
- They make the process easy: If you're looking for a Senior Living Community for the first time, chances are you aren't familiar with all the nuances of how the system operates. Senior Living Advisors have the experience, connections, and resources that will save your family a lot of stress, time, and indecision by making the entire process straightforward, open, and transparent.
- You only get suitable recommendations: There might be a large number of Senior Living Communities in your area – so many that due to the large volume of research, you might miss that one best-fit living option. Your Senior Living Advisor will present you with a list of senior communities from their exhaustive research based on your preferences. You can then make informed choices with your advisor to narrow the selections down.
- They accompany you on community visits: Once you and your advisor have decided on a shortlist of the best senior living options, your advisor will accompany you on a tour of the communities. They'll be present at your meeting with the community manager and ensure that all of your questions are answered and your concerns addressed. They may even bring up some points you might not have thought of – but will be glad they did.
Senior Living Advisors work with you from the beginning of the process, and many right up until move-in day. That's because they're your trusted partners in finding the best living arrangements for your elderly loved one.
Find Senior Living Communities in Northeast Florida
Whether you're looking for Independent Senior Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, or Skilled Nursing, working with a Senior Living Advisor is the easiest, most efficient way to find a community that will perfectly align with your living requirements.
To find the best-fit Senior Living Community in Northeast Florida, contact Brian Sheridan of Assisted Living Locators. His team is intimately familiar with all of the quality senior communities in the area and will provide you with all the information you need to make the most informed decision possible.
Contact Brian at 904-559-3203 or email@example.com to find the best Senior Living Community for you or a family member today!